04 Oct Home is Where You Park It – Discover The Perks of RV Living in Florida!
Throughout the years, recreational vehicles have become a popular choice when it comes to short family road trips or full-time living. The excitement that accompanies life on the road makes RVs the perfect home-away-from home. So, what makes these vehicles the perfect option for travelers and adventurers? It is the possibility to enjoy all the amenities of your home while you discover new places and adventures.
With its warm weather and beautiful scenery, Florida is, indeed, one of the best states for RV living or RV adventures! Let’s discover the costs and risks of living in recreational vehicles, and why you would need RV insurance, before you decide to hit the road.
Floridians and RVs
RVs are basically condos on wheels that range from all-in-one motor coaches to fifth-wheel and bumper-pull trailers filled with all the amenities you can find at home: comfortable furniture, showers, stoves and cabinets – even some with washers and dryers.
If you’re an RVer living in the big Sunshine State, there are plenty of locations that you can explore. On Florida’s Gulf Coast, places near boating and fishing activities are a popular choice for travelers to park their RVs. In South Florida and up and down the Florida Keys, RV travelers can take advantage of the year-long sunny weather to make a trip to the beautiful beaches. Florida is also unique when it comes to national parks and resorts, making the state the best option for travelers to discover new adventures and to plan a busy schedule for family road trips.
The Growth of RV Industry
According to the RV Industry Association, RV shipment rates have gone up from 13.3% to 17.2%, between 2012 and 2017. This growth makes eight consecutive years of wholesale shipment growth since the industry has bounced back from effects of the Great Recession. The RV industry provides more than 150,000 jobs and $7.9 billion in wages.
Reasons for RV Industry Popularity
- An active and healthy lifestyle: RV owners reported that RV travel allows them to experience nature and outdoor activities. Also, RVers reported stronger bonds with loved ones and benefits to children from spending family quality time.
- Travel with great value: A new study conducted by CBRE Hotels Advisory Group has found that RV vacations cost much less than other types of vacation travel, even when factoring in fuel prices and the cost of RV ownership. Cost savings range between 21-64% for a four-person travel party, and 8-53% for a two-person travel party, depending on factors such as the type of RV and type of vacation. While an RV trip cost much more in gas, it offers lower accommodation and food costs for travelers, compared to other forms of travel.
- Diverse use: Not only do RVs serve as a great mean of travel, they can also be used for tailgating, business purposes, travel with pets, outdoor sports, and other activities.
Importance of RV Insurance
While recreational vehicles are a popular choice for Central Floridians who want to travel in style, journeys aren’t always trouble-free. This is why it is important for adventurers to understand the risk that comes with choosing the RV lifestyle. There are many types of insurance policies that protect your RV and make sure you’re covered for damages, injuries and losses that occur during your trips.
Here are a few examples of what your RV insurance policy will cover:
- Bodily injury liability: Protects you and other insured drivers if one of you injures or kills someone in a covered accident you’re found legally liable for.
- Medical payments: Covers necessary medical treatment in case of an injury as a result of a covered accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): If you, your family members or passengers are in a covered accident, this covers necessary medical, rehab or funeral expenses.
Whether you’re looking for a short road trip with your family or for a long-term stay in your RV, your Strassman Insurance Group agent can discuss your RV insurance needs with you, as well as any discounts that may be available. Schedule your consultation with one of our agents today, and learn how you can enjoy a memorable trip through the beautiful roads of America while keeping your family and yourself protected.